For advertising opportunities please call us at 631-306-2000 or fill in the form below to have a rep get in touch with you.
As the world becomes more tech savvy, consumers are turning to online databases to find information about local dining, businesses, recreation, and services. To succeed in this changing marketplace, it is important for businesses to make the leap into the 21st century, and build a web presence.
Internet Yellow Pages
- 60% of consumers have used the Internet Yellow Pages
- In the past year, 53% have used IYP
- 33% use IYP on a monthly basis
- 3.2 visits/references are performed every week by average consumers
- An estimated 4.9 billion references* are made every year by consumers
- 56% of consumers have no specific business in mind prior to their search
- After making an Internet Yellow Page reference:
- 62% made contact with a business
- 36% made a purchase
- 40% of purchasers are new customers, who weren't aware of the business previously
(Source: 2009 Yellow Pages Association, Local Media Tracking Study, Conducted by Burke, April 2010; *IYP references from comScore)
Mobile Yellow Pages
With the advent of the smart phone, multiple online searches are performed daily by consumers on the go who are looking for business solutions. You want your contact information to be readily available for busy consumers who are looking to have their needs met promptly.
- 17.3 million subscribers accessed business directories on a mobile phone in March 2010 (14% growth over previous year)
- 10.8 million subscribers accessed via a mobile browser (21% growth over previous year)
- 4.1 million subscribers accessed via mobile applications (42% growth over previous year)
By having an easy to find business listing, you can reach a younger audience, who utilizes tools such as mobile phones and web enabled devices on a daily basis. The younger market is always looking for simpler, faster ways of gathering information, and having a business listing online is the best way to engage this customer.
- 58% of mobile searchers are 35 or younger
- 50%+ have a household income $75k or higher
- Mobile searchers are 3.5 times more likely to also search for women's magazine content, health information, real estate listings, and job listings.
The major growth of online and mobile business listing searches is testament to the power of being visible in what is considered to be the digital era. As we step away from printed media, and shift over into online databases and resources, it is critical that your current customers and potential new customers are able to find your business online. Every year the number of consumers turning to internet searching to get their business information grows, and you want to make sure that your business is front and center for this large digital audience to find.
Strengthen your local market presence, and drive new business to your company by becoming listed on LIYellowPages.com - a site that caters to the needs of Long Islanders like you. We will connect your business with local customers, and help you to grow in the changing marketplace. It's our job to make you stand out against your competitors, and introduce the internet marketplace to your business - giving you the opportunity to increase revenue and prosper in the digital age.